Assistant Marketing Manager - On Premise
The Assistant Marketing Manager, On Premise will work directly with our Director, On Premise Marketing to support the overall development of the marketing program reporting platform and lead marketing-related projects. This role will assist with all the traditional advertising planning, purchasing, placement and agency invoicing associated with the development of the Jägermeister brand
This role is also responsible for ensuring timely delivery of key advertising projects and routing project updates for input and approval from the brand team, and supports the Director, On Premise Marketing in all budgeting activities such as tracking budgets on a regular basis and ensuring proper budget allocations. The successful candidate will need to be flexible, execute on projects thoroughly, and be self-motivated.
Analytics and Budget Management:
- Participates in the management, coding, and allocation of the on premise marketing budget.
- Owns on premise project budget, scope, schedule, and spend tracking via SAP platform.
- Gathers industry and competitive data from multiple sources and provides results of consumer insights, trends, and sales analysis.
- Participates in and assists with all brand traditional advertising planning, purchasing and placements.
- Researches competitor advertising and promotions in the current alcohol beverage industry and identifies general consumer trends.
Communication and Collaboratio:
- Collaborates with the Director, On Premise Marketing and key stakeholders to understand and inform marketing strategy as related to project objectives.
- Collaborates with internal design team on custom and program creative templates to ensure branding is aligned and compliant with company guidance, and that material is ready for field marketing and field sales use.
- Acts as support liaison between on premise marketing team and creative/media agency partners.
- Works closely with legal team to understand/ensure advertising is compliant and in accordance with company guidelines.
Other Duties/Special Projects:
- The responsibilities listed above are not all inclusive but represent the general duties of this position.
- Creativity: Demonstrates a passion for marketing-related activities, and offers innovative and creative ideas that result in process improvement and brand growth (both internally, externally, and influencing brand ideas).
- Analytical Rigor/Attention to Detail: Has the analytical fortitude to bring strategic thought into planned action / programs.
- Collaboration/Communication: Demonstrates strong ability and willingness to work in a collaborative environment across multiple stakeholders (e.g., Corporate, Field, & Vendors), and effectively influences and provides appropriate push back as needed.
- Customer Focus: Strong focus, understanding, and ability to quickly build rapport with critical stakeholders (retailers, distributors, and internal field).
- Action-Oriented: Thrives in fast paced environments where one must effectively manage and execute against multiple projects and deadlines.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree with 2-3 years brand or field marketing experience in beverage alcohol, consumer packaged goods, or relevant work experience, preferred.
- MBA preferred but not required.
- Basic understanding of the rules and regulations of different markets and importance of following specific DISCUS codes when building programs.
- Understands the importance of brand building in the on premise and its uniqueness to the beverage alcohol space.
- Must possess a strong understanding of consumer and trade behavior and be able to articulate how it applies to specific on premise channels.
- Demonstrated analytical rigor and excel proficiency is required (i.e., proven analytical mindset with the ability to “turn insight into action.”)
- Demonstrated organization and planning skills (i.e., developing plans, allocating resources, and tracking against plan).
- Demonstrated project management and multi-tasking skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong presentation skills (Visual and Verbal) are required.
- Previous budget management experience.
- Knowledge of SAP, or other reporting platforms.
- Experience using Nielsen data, and an understanding of consumer behavior is a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, especially excel and power point.
- Some overnight travel required.
- Highly competitive compensation packages
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Matching 401(k) plan
- Yearly wellness stipend (gym membership or fitness classes)
- Generous holiday and vacation policy