Business Analyst - Finance and Operations
The Business Analyst, Finance and Operations, is responsible for the management of all pricing initiatives, maintenance of budget/bank tracking and will be a forecasting expert. Perform profitability analyses and evaluating return on investment for various spends and new initiatives, and provide recommendations on pricing and packaging strategies and optimize tactics. Owner of shipment and depletion forecasting and the associated tools, manage days on hand and inventory analysis, and will develop new product launch estimates and recommendation of pricing.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create, manage and maintain a complete suite of operations and business scorecards that provide visibility into shipment, depletions, inventory and financial metrics, while ensuring meeting key business stakeholders needs using tools like SAP, Vistaar, iDig and Excel based tools.
- Perform complex analysis manipulating large data sets to identify actionable business insights.
- Report on pricing and promotions performance across brands, products, regions and accounts to gain insights into pricing and promotional effectiveness.
- Review pricing levels on products and make recommendations on adjustments in order to maximize sales.
- Develop tracking against days-on-hand inventory for our Distributors and make recommendations of future orders based on insights from field sales and national account teams on pricing and program initiatives in addition to performance trends in order to avoid out of stocks.
- Produce budget/bank trackers for spend from our Distributors, providing analysis by initiatives and transaction type
- Collect monthly forecasts from Sales Organization in new National template and capture commentary regarding depletions performance in management reporting.
- Provides qualitative and quantitative analytical insight based on forecasts.
- Expert on pricing and forecasting related tools and responsible for supporting, training and embedding among the field sales.
- 1-2 years of experience in business analysis, preferably in the spirits, beverage or consumer products industry
- Well-developed financial analytical and database management skills to develop and implement sales analytical databases, reports and analytics
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills in order to effectively interact with various functions across the organization
- Must possess professional maturity and be comfortable with interacting with higher levels of management to communicate facts in a simple and understandable manner including presenting their opinions and ideas
- Background working with industry data sources and tools (e.g., NABCA, Nielsen, DISCUS)
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Must have excellent skills in MS Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- College Degree required, major in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics or other quantitative methods preferred
- Some travel required
- Highly competitive compensation packages
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Matching 401(k) plan
- Yearly wellness stipend (gym membership or fitness classes)
- Generous holiday and vacation policy