Mast-Jägermeister US is looking for the Irreverent (Jager) Perfectionist (Meister) to join the Finance team as an Intern. You will directly assist the Finance Manager with a wide range of projects that will contribute to the ongoing evaluation and day to day activities of the finance function including overhauling account rec process and creating a control framework, as well as ad hoc projects supporting Senior Leadership Team requests. This internship is designed to be both educational and practical. In this position, the intern will learn how to take skills he or she may have acquired in school related to his or her particular areas of interest and apply them in a professional setting. He or she will gain a better understanding of the role that Finance plays as a strategic business partner in a global organization. The candidate will also have opportunities to network with sales, marketing, and HR teams.
Who We Are:
Mast-Jägermeister US is based in White Plains, New York, and staffs approximately 180 full-time employees and has a network of distributors and brokers throughout the United States.
The Finance Intern will assist in evolving and managing the day to day activities of the finance function:
- Partner with the Finance Manager and Finance Director in mapping business process to identify & document risks and associated mitigating controls
- Perform account analysis, identifying and following up on issues for resolution
- Review routine accounting process to find and implement efficiencies, including special project reviewing Sales & Use Tax preparation and filings
- Assist with month and quarter end close activities
- Assist with responding to Ad hoc financial analysis and reporting requests
- Current or recent enrollment in a graduate/undergraduate degree program with an interest and aptitude to work in Finance or Accounting
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to synthesize information into a concise and compelling story
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks and handle numerous assignments simultaneously; thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office with high proficiency in excel & PowerPoint