Trade Marketing Manager - National Accounts
This role is responsible for developing, leveraging, and fine tuning national programs to fit key National Account (NA) customer and shopper strategies, and to drive consistent brand messaging and activation at retail executing marketing programs that are aligned with the overall Jägermeister brand strategy, for on and off premise NA. The channels would include: Off Premise chains (i.e., grocery, mass, drug, club, liquor, C-store and convenience) and On Premise Chains (e.g., Buffalo Wild Wings, Applebee’s, Dave & Buster’s, etc.). This position works cross functionally with the Marketing Team (brand team, digital team, and business intelligence team), NA and Field Marketing Managers, and field to drive brand and business objectives.
In partnership with the VP Sales Development he/she will develop both long-term and short-term strategic plans to meet the diverse needs of our top key NA customers and exhibit the values and standards of the organization: innovative mindset, best in class execution, strong customer focus, ability to work independently and collaborate among a team, flexibility, sense of responsibility, and community-oriented and responsible. The ideal candidate should have a strong level of creativity as well as solid organizational and analytical skills.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Field Sales & Head Quarter (HQ)
Develops and executes prioritized NA trade marketing performance plans in alignment with MJUS goals and objectives; communicates clearly defined objectives to key sales, marketing, and distributor stakeholders, and provides feedback from the field to HQ on competitive activity, custom programs and effectiveness of Jägermeister programs executed to Brand Team.
- Collaborates with Brand & Integrated Marketing teams in order to move Trade Marketing activation elements from ideation to execution
Provides input and present (major markets) key Brand Marketing objectives, priorities and programs during sales distributor joint business planning meetings
Monitors sales data and trends and has the ability to utilize data to build a story for the Jägermeister brands within presentations.
Advises field and HQ on the execution of programs in NA channels to ensure programs are on par with the Jägermeister brand strategy and objectives.
Plans and implements volume-driving programs for NA (on/off premise) with key stake holders to allow proper lead time to ensure Jägermeister has a clear competitive advantage.
Participates in distributor meetings to ensure alignment between sales and marketing objectives and to ensure that shopper tools are being used efficiently and correctly.
Manages off premise shopper budget.
Reviews all off premise program effectiveness and provides analysis ROI to brand team.
Collaborates with NA team to develop customer and shopper marketing strategies and tactics
Engages with the corresponding NA Manager to develop customized 360 customer and shopper activation solutions for growing the brand
Creates NA programming around gaps in national programming calendar to drive sales and velocity at retail.
Customizes national brand programing to create through the line activation for grocery, mass, drug, club, c-store and convenience.
Creates custom packs/VAPs for specific account.
Acts as the brand team’s lead to create shopper briefs for agencies that will deliver compelling off and on premise programs.
Collaborates with internal resources and external agency partners on various projects.
Leads ideation of all off and on premise POS, displays, and flow material to ensure POS will drive business and is premium at National Account retailers.
Develops and manages coupon (MIR/IRC) programming on a national basis.
Customer & Shopper Marketing
Develops marketing promotions for individual customers that follow customer’s trade marketing practices.
Develops “Perfect Store” standards across all retail touch points and effectively communicates and implements these standards across the organization.
Identifies opportunities & trends and provides competitive assessments.
Creates customized fact based selling messages for customers to drive business performance and increase share for Jägermeister.
Creates, using syndicated data, a shopper on a page tool for the various off premise channels.
- 3-5 years brand/trade marketing experience, preferably in beverage alcohol or related industry
- Bachelor’s Degree required; MBA a plus
- Strong experience working with agencies both traditional and non-traditional
- Strong working knowledge of category management and key account management practices
- Experience working with National Accounts customers and buyers
- Strong working knowledge of Nielsen data, Diver, RAD and internal system tools
- Strong interpersonal skills and customer service standards. Effectively works within and between teams
- Ability to manage multiple projects in fast paced environment; flexible and adaptable to change
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Strong budget management, project management, analysis and reporting skills
- Knowledge of Control States and how they function, preferred
- Knowledge of federal and state laws. Familiarity with DISCUS code of responsible practices and beverage alcohol laws and regulations a plus
- 40% to 50% travel
- Exceptional project management / prioritization skills
- Highly competitive compensation packages
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Matching 401(k) plan
- Yearly wellness stipend (gym membership or fitness classes)
- Generous holiday and vacation policy