Area Manager - AZ/NM
We are looking for an energetic, bold and driven Area Manager to join our authentic sales team. This position is responsible for executing the Jägermeister on and off premise sales strategy and driving volume in the assigned territory. The AM is responsible for proactive distributor management including: briefing distributor management on plans/initiatives, delivering brand education, planning, and performance results at General Sales and Quarterly/Annual Business Review meetings, and driving accountability for performance, programming, and resolution of any potential challenges associated with the Jägermeister brand. This role requires strong communication and influencing skills.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Partner with District/Field Managers and Sales Representatives to develop and grow the Jägermeister brand.
- Responsible for managing the partnership and all brand-related initiatives with the distributor portfolio manager.
- Conduct General Sales Meeting on a regular basis.
- Conduct and participate in Business Reviews covering assigned geography.
- Manage quarterly projects assigned by Regional Manager or Regional Director.
- Meet monthly with District/Field manager to review KPI’s and sales execution.
- Analyze distributor business in order to develop the right plans by collaborating with Regional Manager.
- Creates and delivers presentations to effectively educate groups of consumers, sales people, distributors, and others on the history, properties, and production of Jägermeister.
Sales and Commercial Execution
- Contributes to new ideas and solutions for distributors and retailers in the territory.
- Executes local program development/commercial solutions to improve brand execution and image in market – includes: proper distribution of Jägermeister by type and size, merchandising programs, shelf management positions, drink features and promotions.
- Understands local market and competitors within territory.
- Maintains visible, on-going relationships with accounts.
- Represents Jägermeister at all relevant events within territory.
- Conducts staff training and tastings in accounts.
- Understands pricing, profit and brand economics.
- Partners with MJUS Field Marketing team to develop local programs designed to engage the consumer.
- Partners with Trend & Scene (T&S) Regional & T&S Managers on a regular basis to align on key events, education/trainings opportunities, and KPI achievement
Talent Selection & Development
- Area Managers in key markets will be responsible for leading, developing, and training an On Premise Manager (OPM)
- Establishes individual accountability through communication of expectations, goals, and KPIs for OPM. (where applicable)
Analysis & Administration
- Responsible for forecasting by month and submitting mid-month and end of month numbers, including appropriate rhetoric, to their manager for their state.
- Utilizes tools to analyze ROI and understand the business (e.g., effectiveness of major events, consumer development activities, key account resource allotments, POS effectiveness, etc.)
- Tracks and monitors Point-Of-Sale.
- Manages both Local Promotional budget as well as T&E budgets.
- Processes and tracks monthly invoices.
- Utilizes VIP i-Dig and Karma notes in order to develop target lists.
- Completes monthly market and expense reports, and calendars in a timely fashion.
- 3-5 years of experience in Sales, preferably in the spirits and/or beverage industry, or any equivalent combination of related education and experience; College degree preferred.
- Innovative and creative in approaching distributors and expanding business
- Experience leading, developing, motivating, and training direct reports preferred
- Strong analytical skills
- Proven success in sales call strategies
- Strong customer service, interpersonal and communication skills (both written and oral)
- Well-developed influence and negotiation skills; persistent and persuasive
- Detail oriented and organized; excellent time management
- Able to formulate account strategies and execute against them
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Frequent travel within territory required; must have valid driver’s license and vehicle for travel between accounts within assigned territory.
- Must have excellent skills in MS Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Highly competitive compensation packages
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Matching 401(k) plan
- Yearly wellness stipend (gym membership or fitness classes)
- Generous holiday and vacation policy